Solver: laplacianFoam Description
laplacianFoam is a basic solver that simulates diffusion-driven scalar transport in both transient and steady-state forms. Primarily used for heat conduction, it efficiently incorporates volumetric heat sources in its computations.
While adept at managing homogeneous fluid properties and thermal diffusion equations, the solver does not extend to non-homogeneous fluid properties, turbulence, multiphase flows, or reactive flows. Its core application lies in modeling heat conduction in solids, guided by the Laplace and heat diffusion equations.
Solver: laplacianFoam Features
- Steady-State and Transient
- Laplace Equation Solver for a Scalar Quantity
- Heat Transfer
- Thermal Diffusion Model only
- Homogenous Material Model
- Constant Diffusion Coefficient
Solver: laplacianFoam Application
- Heat Conduction in Solids
e.g. flanges, bodies in contact with hot surfaces
Solver: laplacianFoam Heat Transfer Solvers Comparison
Heat Transfer Solvers In this group, we have included solvers that are designed to model: Heat Transfer, Radiation, Natural and Forced Convection, Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT).
Heat Transfer, Single Fluid
Heat Transfer, Single Fluid - Boussinesq
Heat Transfer, Single Solid
CHT, Multiple Fluids / Solids
- CHT - Conjugate Heat Transfer
- MRF - Multiple Reference Frame
- Overset - also known as Chimera Grid (Method)